Diabetes is quite a common condition around the world. For the majority of humans, it doesn’t cause any issues as these individuals are capable of managing it by following the advice of their doctor. It is very much necessary to keep your blood sugar levels within the acceptable range, or else they may mess with your heart, kidney, and eyes. However, keeping in mind the changing habits of people and their lifestyles in recent times, it is a challenging thing to manage diabetes. Nonetheless, it can surely be kept under control by combining good lifestyle habits with regular intake of medicines. You can also adopt the below-given measures given by Cary, NC family medicine to keep your blood sugar level under control:
- Keep an eye on your diet: Eat a balanced weight loss program diet that includes whole grain food items, vegetables, and a healthy amount of fat. Do not eat excessively or too little. Moreover, restrict your intake of sugary food items, processed meals, and different refined snacks.
- Participate in physical activities: You must take part in sports like strolling, walking, running, yoga, biking, etc. You can also do strength training activities with a view to keeping your insulin levels in check. However, do not start to raise heavy weights or go for strenuous sports all of a sudden.
- Never ignore your medicines: This is the most important thing to keep in mind, as skipping your medicines can spike your sugar levels all of a sudden. Hence, it is crucial that you take your medicines and insulin injections as prescribed.
- Keep checking your sugar level: It is vital that you keep an eye on your blood sugar levels so that you can get to know if the medicines that you are taking are working or whether they need to be replaced.
- Practice relaxation techniques: Various relaxation techniques like meditation, pranayama, yoga, and so on can help you release your day-to-day tension and keep sugar levels under control.
- Do not smoke: Smoking can make the symptoms of diabetes worse, and hence, you should give up smoking.
- Maintain healthy body weight: When you eat healthy food items and participate in physical activities, your body weight will fall under the normal category. This is very important as excess weight is linked to various chronic diseases and can make you less sensitive to insulin.
The management of diabetes is straightforward but still very hard for many humans as they take things for granted. However, if you follow the above steps, you should be capable of living a normal and wholesome life despite having diabetes.